Sunday, October 28, 2012

Preparation

So, between the emails from the NH Electric Co-op, Time Warner Cable and other random posts on Facebook from meteorologists who graduated from Plymouth, I figured I would blog before I'm potentially out of power for a while.

Considering Vermont and New Hampshire don't have a State of Emergency issued...Do you not remember Irene? Irene left a mess, and this one is due to be stronger. I mean, I'd rather be safe than sorry, but if don't wish to, that's your prerogative.

Anyhow, I've collected some water, and I'm starting to freeze bags of water, just in case I lose power for a while. We don't have a flood warning, but we do have a high wind watch. We have trees. I'm putting two and two together.

Anyhow, I'm going to move my car, since it's parked under a tree, and I already had a tree fall on it once. I'm not pushing my luck.

For everyone on the East Coast, be careful. I'll try to update during, but if I lose power, well then...I'll update afterwards.

Now if you excuse me, I'm getting some perishable food in my stomach before I have to throw it away.

Sidenote, I think the corporate heads at the Weather Channel are grateful for events like this, in a financial sense (if they pray for it everyday, they need to be committed. But I doubt that and digress). You know only 300 people watch Coast Guard: Alaska religiously.

Update as of 7:30 pm EST: Plymouth State Cancelled classes tomorrow. Almost as a rule, Plymouth waits until the weather is on top of us and the professors can't make it to the campus. When they cancel ahead of time, shit's going to get serious. Also, we now have a flood watch. I'll keep people updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment