Sunday, November 4, 2012

It's the Final Countdown

Yes, it's the final countdown to when all of those damn ads on TV, Radio and Facebook stop assaulting my eyesight and my ears. And I've gotten damn sick of the robocalls at 11:30 at night. I'm on the Do Not Call List. Seriously, cut the crap.

 I'm a self declared political junkie, and when I've had it, you know it's bad.

So, Election Day is just around the corner, and this election seems like it's going to be incredibly close. So, people need to vote. I mean seriously, we can't tell the world that American Democracy is great if we ourselves don't vote. I only ask that people educate themselves on the issues beforehand. I've heard stories today about how people let their five year old choose who their voting for.

Last I checked, you don't let your kid have more than two cookies a day. If your kid can't drive, they shouldn't vote (interesting story, sixteen year old kids can vote in Argentina now...look it up, it's true. But I digress), and you probably shouldn't either if you feel that way about the elections.

Otherwise, when the person you didn't want getting in gets in, I don't wish to hear you complain. I mean, your child will obviously pick either the elephant or the donkey, whichever is interesting at the time.

I could only imagine if there were robots or dinosaurs as symbols of the political parties. Dear God, that would be awful.

Or it could be interesting, people might actually pay attention to the party platforms if they have something different catch their eye.

But to get back on point. Anyone who can vote in the United States should do so on Tuesday. If you don't, then I feel that you've lost the right to complain about the outcome if it doesn't go your way. And if people are having a hard time being allowed to vote or getting to a polling station, it should be immediately be reported. No one has the right to take your vote away, Democrat, Republican or otherwise.

That's my tirade for the week. And if you think your vote doesn't count...Remember the 2000 Election. We got George W. Bush by a few hundred votes. Need I say more?






No comments:

Post a Comment